This is Erie’s annual celebration of the beauty and diversity of trees in the arboretum. Local organizations provide information and hands-on activities. The festival is free and open to the public.
Our 18th annual LEAF Festival in 2016 featured many activities for all ages and interests including:
- new LEAF exploration activity
- live animal display from Asbury Woods Nature Center
- tree planting with I Am a Planet Kid
- hands-on butterfly experience with butterfly specialist Maria Blakeslee
- walking tours of the arboretum
- nature crafts for kids – bark boats, leaf prints, and tree cookie painting
- food vendors
- and many other family activities!
Auction tickets were for sale throughout the day. Proceeds from the auction benefit educational programs at the LEAF Education Center.
Stay tuned for details about our 19th annual LEAF Festival coming up on September 9, 2017 from 10AM-2PM!